In order for your product to be perfect, it is vital that we receive your artwork accurately!
Please read our guide below to ensure that what you supply us with is 100% correct.
Artwork should be supplied as a press ready PDF with 3mm bleed and simple crop marks.
A press ready PDF is a document created on a high enough quality setting to print from. We recommend using the standard or professional editions of adobe acrobat which are available from www.adobe.com.
Please ensure that when you create your PDF that you manually select print and choose the ‘press quality’ setting. This is especially important when creating documents on the PC, and when converting Microsoft documents to PDF.
When creating your PDF from programs such as Quark Express, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign etc please include crop marks, these should only be outer corner marks and not full colour bars etc. Also make sure the crop marks are outset by 6 point so they do not touch the cut size of the document.
As always please include bleed (Unless your design doesn’t bleed).
Applications and Fonts
- QuarkXpress, Illustrator, Photoshop. PDF files should be print optimized (300 dpi images) all fonts embedded, then choose “press quality” when creating your PDF file.
- All artwork needs to be CMYK or greyscale unless your job is a 1/2/3 colour Pantone® based one. Please convert RGB images to CMYK before submitting.
- Standard four-color printing process is used plus specials.
- Pantone® colours that are present in CMYK jobs will be converted to process (CMYK). Unless otherwise specified by you.
Scans and Images
- All colour images should be CMYK colour mode.
- Scanned or bitmapped images should be 300 dpi.
- Images that are intended to be printed in a spot (Pantone®) colour should be made to monotone in Photoshop first.